VOLCANOES- SO HOT THEY'RE COOL!
- In this meteorology and volcanology activity, the learner will
be looking for the effect of eruptions on global temperature to
see if there is a pattern.
- The activities in this investigation will engage the learner to
look at data to see if there is a pattern and then use that pattern
to understand the relationship between volcanoes and climate.
- Students will be able to:
- use analyzed data to evaluate an hypothesis
- compare data for two groups by representing their distribution
- use computers to produce tables, graphs, and spreadsheet calculations
- explain the role of natural forces on earth
- research topics of current concern with regard to climate
- explain the dynamic activity of the Earth
- Suggested Grade Level & Duration:
- Grades 5-8; 1 to 2 fifty-minute periods.
- Internet- capable computer, Netscape browser, student handout,
Background - Procedure - Printable - Standards - Credits